Tuesday, March 30, 2010

FINALLY!

Finally, I'm using this blog for what I started it in the first place, to show you guys some cookies!

Okay so fast fact about me number 1, I absolutely cannot help myself to any dessert that consists of almonds/pistachios/sesame.
Its so true, even so that my favorite dessert is marzipan.
WHAT? You don't know what marzipan is?
You poor poor child have been deprived!
Marzipan is a
"a sweet, yellowish paste of ground almonds, sugar,
and egg whites, often colored and used to make small cakes or confections or as an icing for larger cakes"

Still aren't sure what this is? It's these types of lil animals usually sold seperately in clear plastic containers at bakerys!

So of course when I was looking on the internet and found a chocolate chip cookie recipe that contained marzipan in it, well lets just say that the expression jumping for joy could not even help me to describe my enthusiasm!



Okay, So I admit my lack of photography skills don't make these puppies seem too too special. HOWEVER don't be fazed, with simply just a little more work its easy to see how these tasty treats made me eat half of them in one sitting. WHOOPS? Is that why my picture has so little cookies? Yes and no, I cut the recipe in half, like I did these cookies to show you the middle!



OMG! Do you see all that yummy marzipan in the middle of the cookie? I mean come on! These were, well delicious! I would of wished for maybe cakey-ness but I'll honestly be making these cookies again in no time! Maybe I'll just add a little bit less flour though! If you eat them warm like me though, and slighty undercooked so that the bottom is still super moist (at 10 minutes)


1 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup (about 4 oz) marzipan
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup bag good quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Make a small hole in the small ball of cookie dough and insert the marzipan directly in the middle! Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden crisp on the outside. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Definately gonna try this recipie bebe! :)

    ReplyDelete